Adrian Peterson believes he still has something left

in F r e i s t i l 09.11.2018 04:54
von laiyongcai92 • 362 Beiträge

The 33-year-old running back had his first practice with the Redskins on Tuesday Cheap Custom Arizona Cardinals Jerseys , a day after signing a one-year deal with Washington."I can give a lot. I really believe that," Peterson said following his first practice. "I feel like the sky is the limit."Injuries and opportunity limited Peterson to 13 games over the past two seasons. He averaged 3.4 yards per carry in 10 games last season with the Saints and Cardinals.Peterson remained on the sideline throughout the offseason waiting for the next opportunity, a scenario he admitted was "rough."His workouts continued. Peterson was in his native Oklahoma when his agent said the Redskins wanted a look. The three-time NFL rushing champion was ready."I know what I have left in the tank," Peterson said.Despite his career achievements, Peterson didn't big-time the workout opportunity. He volunteered to join other free-agent options in various drills."He's actually a physical freak," Redskins coach Jay Gruden said. "Some of the backs we had in here were huffing and puffing, keeling over. He was standing straight up. He could have gone for another two hours."The Redskins decided they couldn't go forward with their limited options at running back for the final two preseason games and possibly their Week 1 opener at Arizona on Sept. 9.Washington, 28th in yards rushing last season, addressed the concern by selecting running back Derrius Guice in the second round of the draft. The LSU product's rookie year ended with a season-ending knee injury in the first preseason game against New England.The Redskins lost Samaje Perine and Byron Marshall for an extended period of time as both suffered ankle injuries in Thursday's preseason win over the New York Jets.After waiving undrafted free agent Martez Carter with an injury designation, the Redskins had only three healthy running backs available. One of them, Chris Thompson, has yet to play in the preseason following last season's broken fibula.Robert Kelley, a 2016 undrafted free agent who emerged as Washington's No. 1 running back during his rookie year and started 2017 on top of the depth chart, remains in the starting mix. Kapri Bibbs offers some depth. Adding Peterson and De'Veon Smith provides more.What happens going forward remains unsettled."We haven't really gotten into detail, but obviously they brought me in here for a reason. I'm just going to play my role Arizona Cardinals T-Shirt , whatever it is," said Peterson, whose is three years removed from rushing for 1,485 yards with the Vikings. He finished with 529 yards last season.Last season's numbers provided data for doubters who believe Peterson's difference-making days are done."It shows me people don't really know about football," Peterson said of the naysayers. "When people say, (3.4) yards per carry, there's a lot that contributes to that as well. I just brush it off and continue to work."That work began Tuesday with the Redskins."It's his first practice. He did a great job today," said Gruden, who stated he hoped to get Peterson some work in Friday's preseason game against Denver."You've got a Redskins jersey on. You're here to compete and make the squad. It's no different with (Adrian). We'll just see how he does day after day."Chase Edmonds deserved opportunity, but David Johnson should have been on the field Who knows how this plays out over the course of a season, over the course of a coaching career, a player’s career or anything.Hell, this could be a speed bump on the path to the Hall of Fame for Chase Edmonds.Yet, the second guessing was immediate and just.With the Arizona Cardinals driving, coming out of the two minute warning www.cardinalscheapshops.com , with the season in the balance, Josh Rosen getting his first work in the NFL regular season, and third and two, the Cardinals Mike McCoy dialed up a counter run to left side of the line, with Justin Pugh and Ricky Seals-Jones pulling and Chase Edmonds in the backfield.It was the moment and the Cardinals new $39 million man was on the bench.It doesn’t mean that Chase Edmonds getting the ball was the wrong play, but David Johnson not being on the field shows the shortsightedness of McCoy and the fact he does not understand the new NFL.Just because you want to call a play for one playmaker doesn’t mean you have the other off the field.Putting Chase Edmonds in a situation like that is not a bad decision, in fact, it is something we saw last season with the New Orleans Saints and Alvin Kamara.The issue was more, the Saints wanted to have Kamara and Ingram on te field to make defenses account for both of them.McCoy has done that zero times on the season.Not once.His inability to deploy an attack in the modern NFL, with multiple players that can do similar things.Instead, McCoy puts Edmonds in a place to win the game, while sitting his best player, not even using him as a decoy.Johnson and Edmonds can coexist, maybe McCoy can figure that out as well.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: liyifeng4321
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 6330 Themen und 10707 Beiträge.

Heute waren 5 Mitglieder Online:
beautygirl, chenwen121314, chenyan94, hongwei28, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor