Jason Witten took issue with Bradley Roby‘s effort

in Sprachpolitik 11.07.2019 10:58
von chenyan94 • 212 Beiträge

late in Monday night’s game. Roby took issue with Witten calling the Broncos cornerback a quitter.“For him to say that on one play. . . . Chris Harris Jersey ,” Roby said, via Mike Klis of 9News. “It was really a mistake. I thought the play was over; I was wrong. But for him to say that, it just made me mad. There are kids I go see at the children’s hospital who have cancer, who are paralyzed, and I tell them don’t quit and this and that. And he鈥檚 going to say that when the game is over? Did Jon Gruden quit when he kneeled the ball three plays in a row when he could鈥檝e scored? No. The game was over. I just felt like it was kind of unnecessary.鈥淏ut on the play, it did look like I stopped, so I understand where he鈥檚 coming from. But I didn鈥檛 feel like it was necessary.鈥漌ith 2:12 remaining, Roby stopped before Doug Martin was tackled by defensive lineman Shelby Harris after a 12-yard gain. Witten used the Telestrator to highlight Harris’ lack of effort and encouraged Broncos coach Vance Joseph to “pull him out, because you never quit in the NFL.”鈥淚t was unfortunate,” said Roby, who made three tackles against the Raiders. 鈥淚 felt like he was reaching to say that because it was the end of the game, and for him to characterize me as a quitter or quitting on my team, I feel like that鈥檚 the most disrespectful thing you can say in a team sport.”Roby, who played with stitches in his mouth, wondered whether Witten’s criticism was a result of the Broncos’ 42-17 victory over the Cowboys last season. Roby admitted talking trash to Witten, then a Cowboys tight end Derek Wolfe Jersey , during the game.“I think it鈥檚 just something he has to learn,” Roby said. “It鈥檚 his first year, I believe, commentating. He just has to learn the power that he has and the perception. I really wasn鈥檛 going to say anything about it, but I just know that people listen, people believe stuff like that. . . . He has to have more evidence before you characterize someone like that. I don鈥檛 fault him; I鈥檓 not mad about it. I just want to defend myself because I don鈥檛 want people thinking a certain way about me when I made a mistake.”Roby is scheduled to become a free agent in March. Let those rumors begin!"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Broncos NewsBroncos 2019 Draft ClassBroncos PodcastsBroncos 2019 ScheduleKey Offseason DatesCommunity RulesFull ArchiveBroncos StoriesScheduleRosterStatsOdds Shop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Broncos Draft 2019Rumor: Broncos are not interested in the first-round quarterbacks per ESPN’s Todd McShayNew,179commentsLet those rumors begin! Rumor: Broncos are not interested in the first-round quarterbacks per ESPN’s Todd McShayRandy Sartin-USA TODAY SportsLet the rumors begin!According to ESPN’s draft analyst Todd McShay, he is hearing that the Broncos will not be taking a quarterback in the first-round, but will be focusing on other needs in the first-round. McShay notes that the Broncos want to “roll the dice” with quarterback Joe Flacco first before acquiring another “quarterback of the future”. Or in other words, they’re punting this big need down the road and revisiting it again in 2020 when Justin Herbert will be available. The non-quarterback prospects that McShay says the Broncos are interested are the usual suspects. They are former Iowa tight end T.J. Hockenson and former Michigan inside linebacker, Devin Bush. Both would fill a big immediate need on the roster as well as fill a important role on the offense or defensive side of the ball.If this rumor is true, I would expect the Broncos to be actively working the phones trying to find a trade partner to trade back with. Ideally, they would be able to acquire a 2020 first-round pick and use that pick to either get a quarterback, or package it with more assets to move up for that quarterback. The depth of this draft is also from say pick 20 to pick 70, so acquiring multiple picks in that range would be ideal if you want to add depth and youth to your roster. This is likely the first of many rumors coming out prior to the first-round of the 2019 NFL Draft. I am sure I will be writing about how the Broncos are expected to draft Drew Lock in a day or two.

nach oben springen

Aktion Deutsche Sprache, Hannover | Das Digitale Wörterbuch der deutschen Sprache des 20. Jh. | Deutsche Akademie für Sprache und Dichtung, Darmstadt | Deutsch-Netz.de, Lippstadt | Deutsche Sprachwelt, Erlangen | Die Seiten für Rechtschreibung | Forschungsgruppe Deutsche Sprache e.V., Aschaffenburg | Institut für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim | Neue Fruchtbringende Gesellschaft zu Köthen/Anhalt e.V. | Sprachkreis Deutsch, Bern | Sprachpflege.info, Erlangen | Stiftung Deutsche Sprache e.V., Berlin | Verein Deutsche Sprache e.V., Dortmund | Verein für deutsche Rechtschreibung und Sprachpflege e.V., Schwaig bei Nürnberg | Woxikon | www.wortpatenschaft.de
Besucher:

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: DonaldLip.
Forenstatistiken:
Das Deutsche Sprachforum hat 14276 Themen und 18691 Beiträge.

Heute waren 2 Mitglieder anwesend:
acatenatoaust, xuezhiqian123

Xobor Forum Software von Xobor